Our life

Our life

Nichole Adams

I'm Nichole. My journey is simple I work and go to school to try and make the best life possible for a future family. I graduated with my RN license in May 2013. I now work as an RN across the valley hospitals in NICU, mom/baby and Pediatrics and Friday's Kids Respite. I love my career. I am blessed and honored to be able to care for my patients. I love absolutely anything outdoors, fishing, hunting, four wheeling, and horseback riding are amongst the favorites. I share my journey with one of the most amazing men I have the pleasure of calling mine, Alex. We have a life we are so proud of. Couldn't be happier with how things are turning out for us. With hard work I know the only place from here is up.







Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2014 summer, lessons learned

I am sure many people would agree that this summer has FLOWN by! But for me this was such a surprise. If you know anything about my life you know that Alex headed out to Oklahoma for the summer to sell for Vivint. I thought my summer was going to SUCK, I dreaded the thought of doing everything by myself. This included taking care of a house, pets, vehicles and anything else that came my way. This note has been on my board the whole summer.
When Alex wrote it I thought he was psycho because no way was 4 months going to feel like "a couple weeks" but really it has. I admire so many things about Alex but his positivity in any and all situations is something I truly aspire to be more like. This time away from each other is really something that has turned into such a positive for us.

Lesson 1-Don't take others for granted

It is crazy how much our relationship has strengthened because of the distance between us. I see now that it is so easy to take our significant others for granted, like they will always be here. The first weeks Alex was away I clearly saw all that he had done for me because I now had to do them myself. My appreciation for my amazing relationship is at an all time high. Al never once had an obligation towards my crazy life. He started loving me when I didn't even love myself. You know that saying, "If they don't love you at your worst, they don't deserve you at your best". Alex never blinked an eye when I felt defeated and broken, he simply loved me through it.
Along with this lesson comes the appreciation of my friends and family that have helped me while Alex is gone. I never hesitated to call and ask for help. Some of the best memories this summer have come just hanging out weekends with the besties.

Lesson 2-I am stronger then I thought

This summer has been so rewarding and filled with so many changes. I really am so proud of my accomplishments and even more so that I did them alone. I would have never gave myself credit for my amazingness if I wasn't forced to take care of our life here in UT alone. I take on a lot within my careers and school schedule but seriously everything has worked out so perfect. I took an awesome class that led to one of the best adventures on the green river. I studied and took my GRE for graduate school and got my applications in. I recently switched jobs as well and I am LOVING it! It is so different and a lot of information to know but I am taking 1 shift at a time so I can excel within my career.  

Lesson 3-Commitment matters

I have seen that even with miles and miles apart that relationships are all about commitment. After many failed relationships I was at the point of giving up because I felt like I couldn't trust that someone else was as committed as I was. It is sad that Alex got the brunt of such a bad attitude but instead of giving up I saw someone for the first time fight for me. He has continued to fight for me too! It is amazing to know that no matter what happens or however many miles are between us that I am his forever. I never question his intentions or doubt his sincerity. I say this with such confidence; this man will be my husband.
 
ALEX GETS HOME IN 5 DAYS!!! 
WOW, CRAZY, EXCITING
Life is not slowing down for us just quite yet though. We both start school next Monday and he goes back to work here. We have so many fun things planned though. Alex has worked his butt off all summer so we get the luxury of 2 all paid vacations coming up and many camp trips and Teryx trips planned. I am so excited for our future and the many things we will accomplish by each others side.

No comments:

Post a Comment